Wednesday, February 6, 2013

boardgame design part 2

The intense cyberpunk game turned cyberpunk with cheap zombie AI (aka I molyneux'ed it so far)

.....ugh.. you know how I said I wasn't gonna start over with the survival card game? Well I want to still hold onto that statement but this game is boring me...Well boring is one thing. This game honestly would be better served being a video game. Then I can implement AI that players don't have to check and act out themselves. In my 1st version the droids just followed pre generated paths within a fixed board...That really didn't turn out well. I scrapped that when I cut the board into giant hexagon sections to be pieced together by the players (dis?)pleasure. It certainly added variety in arena layouts.. but now I've got dumb zombie AI running my droids. (run towards players and melee them, respawn when killed) Now I've had someone get a 45 minute solo experience out of the event. Clearly there is some tactical choices to be had here in this game. (you need to kill smaller droids to help move the Goliath bot out of the way so one may pick up the intel....I just feel cheap having zombie AI moving my droids. On the other hand anything much more advanced will just slow gameplay down...ugh..  



Data Theft
The goal of the game is to work as a team and escape The compound with THE DATA. SETUP
Create a unique layout using the floor pieces. You must use all pieces.
PLACE DROIDS ON The red SPAWN POINTS. Place Players in the blue elevator tiles
PLACE GOLIATH on YELLOW SPAWN POINT PLACE DATA on TEAL ZONE
PLACE ORANGE TARGET ON TENSION BAR
PLAYERS HAVE THE ABILITY TO 1st move, THEN ROTATE their view THEN DO A single ACTION – SHOOTING, or SPRINTING (move extra d6 spaces) HACKING- ROLL A D6 CHECK RESULT TO PLAYER SHEET (THIS IS USED TO UNLOCK THE DATA FROM COMPUTER SHOOTING- TARGET IN LINE OF SIGHT (white bars on chit) ROLL DICE AND CHECK RESULT, THEN REMOVE SUCCESSFUL DICE EQUAL to the targets ARMOR THE REMAINING DICE ARE COUNTED AS POINTS OF DAMAGE
AFTER ALL PLAYERS HAVE HAD THEIR TURN DROIDS MOVE towards the players along the shortest path-----------When destroyed A new droid is spawned
Goliath moves when the tension bar is filled
DROIDS AND GOLIATH MOVE 3 spaces DROIDS HAVE a melee attack- 7 dice success on a 4, 5 or 6 ARMOR-3 Health- 1 GOLIATH HAS - V.GUN- ranged attack 20 dice success on a 6 ARMOR-4 health-4 When shot at DROIDS AND GOLIATH will turn towards the shooter
ON THE DROID turn any player in line of sight of Goliath will be shot at the end of the turn.

(Oh right I also need to create example images and a glossary cause my game confused the hell out of a couple other players. Bad rule lawyer and design on my part.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment