Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Platformer version 2 (without new character art)

https://mfile.umich.edu/?path=/afs/umich.edu/user/l/a/larken/Public/html/helloworldversion2.swf

Right now I'm just adding the required gameplay elements and not going much past that. Mostly because I'm not sure what direction we are being pushed into yet. This is also why I'm hesitant to add custom artwork because it might not thematically work with the mechanics not yet added.

This approach to the project is a little bit out of my comfort zone. I would rather have a clear outline of project goals than start to produce something bottom up like we seem to be doing.

The skullfaces are a underwhelming (box head/minecraft?) design. I'm gonna push hard to get away from the cute'em up vibe this art currently has...well.. that's a weekend job.

(character art will be added in a little while. Just want to do it right)

No comments:

Post a Comment